Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Outro dia no Brasil

For a gloomy, rainy day... today was a good day.
7:10 a.m. I am having a dream were I have a hunch something horrible is about to happen.
7:30 a.m. My alarm clock beeps.
7:45 a.m I am still in bed. Acknowledging that it will rain all day, my shoes are still wet from yesterday and that my bed is really warm is not the best way to motivate yourself and get up and go to a class you're not very interested in attending.
8:05 a.m. Eating bread with jelly... again and off I go.
8:30 a.m. Bus got here on time! But as I am waiting for it to make a complete stop, the driver decides to make an awkward maneuver to successfully get the puddle of water in front of me on my already wet shoes.
9:10 a.m I am late to class and I don't know why... the bus only takes 10 minutes to get to downtown and it's only a 10 minute walk from the bus stop to campus. I guess I am just one of those people that will never be able to witness what it feels to be on time.
9:20 a.m. I can barely open my eyes.
12:00 p.m. Class is over!
12:30 p.m. Booked my plane ticket to Rio de Janeiro for October. After this happened my day became another day. Birds started singing and stopped flying at 100 mph towards my face, a stray dog followed me all the way to campus and I named him Bobby and my ipod was playing pretty good songs on shuffle, oh and did I mention I am going to Rio?
1:00 p.m. I almost fell asleep at the couch at my program's office. I just find sleeping on the Brazilian flag very relaxing, but then I decided to do some homework and call my mom. Just talking to her for an hour made me feel homesick. I miss her food !
4:00 p.m. I got home and took a nap.
5:00 p.m. Dinner.
6:00 p.m. Took another nap. The weird thing is that I used to hate naps, but now I don't think I'll ever be able to go back to that obscure world with no nap time or 2 nap times.
7:00 p.m. Looking for cheap hostels for Rio. I am seriously considering staying at a surfer hostel located at the beach, sleeping on a hammock, and getting 15 dollar surf lessons for 21 dollars a night. Downside is that one review mention something about seeing a cockroach... other than that everyone else loved it. But I do hate cockroaches.
10:00 p.m. I don't know what I did in three hours, but I probably got way too into wasting time on the internet and talking to my roommate about stupid stuff.
10:15 p.m. Took a shower. And bragged about it to my roommate because my water was delicious and warm, on the other hand, she swears a tear came out when she got into the shower and encounter hot water for 30 seconds and by the time she grabbed the loofa there was nothing but ice cold water for the rest of the shower.
11:00 p.m. Writing to the people that follow my blog and are interested in my trip. I miss you all and thank you for reading.




No comments:

Post a Comment